[Users] Vlan interface on top of bonding

René Koch r.koch at ovido.at
Wed May 8 16:15:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

vlan tagging for ovirtmgmt interface is a bit tricky.

Here's how I do it:
- configure vlan tag on host(s) and switch - imho not necessary to have a ovirtmgmt bridge available but vlan tagging configured for your ovirtmgmt network on your ethx or bondx interface
- create a new datacenter (without hosts in it!)
- edit ovirtmgmt logical network (if it's not possible: delete it and create new interface ovirtmgmt with vlan tag)
- put host(s) in new datacenter
- configure network from oVirt webadmin gui (maybe you have to uncheck "verify connectivity between engine and hosts")

I can't say for sure if the steps above will work - maybe you have to do more directly on the host.
Did a few setups with tagged ovirtmgmt interfaces in oVirt and RHEV but newer wrote down a definitive guide for it :(

Regards,
René