[Users] Fwd: oVirt UI plugins feature announcements

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Fri Nov 8 09:32:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 17:24 -0500, Vojtech Szocs wrote:
> Hi guys, sharing some updates on oVirt UI plugins feature, see below for details.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Vojtech

Great! Thanks a lot for the documentation - this makes life much easier!

> You might have noticed the changes in oVirt Engine URI layout [2], these are already reflected in UI plugins wiki. For existing plugins, this means changing URLs like this:
>
>   /webadmin/webadmin/plugin/ExamplePlugin/start.html
>
> to this:
>
>   /ovirt-engine/webadmin/plugin/ExamplePlugin/start.html
>
> [2] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/20473/

Which version of oVirt uses the new URI - I assume 3.4? (and do you know
if the URI will be changed in RHEV as well)?

I think it's important to mention this change in oVirt upgrade/release
notes to let users know that they have to change the UI plugin URI. When
packaging an UI plugin it's not a problem to check the oVirt version in
a %post section and run a sed command over the JSON file...

I also have a question (not related to this topic) too:
In webadmin I select e.g. a vm and click on Disks webadmin displays disk
details for this vm. When selecting another vm I can see the disk infos
for this vm (webadmin keeps me in Disks subtab which is what I would
expect).
When I click on Monitoring Details (which is a subtab created by my
monitoring UI plugin) and I select another vm webadmin doesn't show me
the content of the ui plugin subtab (Monitoring Details) but instead the
Disks subtab (always the last clicked non-ui-plugin subtab).
Didn't test in in oVirt 3.3 yet, only in oVirt 3.2 and RHEV 3.2...
Is it possible to let subtabs created by ui pugins behave in the same
way as subtabs provided by webadmin?

Regards,
René