[Users] Guest to guest multicast

Moti Asayag masayag at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 09:08:10 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

On ovirt 3.2 we introduced the network-filters feature [1] which prevents guests
from spoofing other mac-addresses than these which assigned by the engine.
The feature is enable by default since introduced (for 3.2 and above)

There is a possibility that the implementation of the VRRP modifies the mac address
to the expected addresses  which be ended in libvirt's filtering
(using the ebtables) the frames.

Could you try disabling the filter, restart the vms and re-run the test ?
1. On the ovirt-engine run: engine-config -s EnableMACAntiSpoofingFilterRules=false --cver=3.3
   (if you're using ovirt-engine 3.2, make sure to specify it in the --cver= option).
2. Restart the ovirt-engine service
3. Restart the vms
4. Re-run the test

An alternative might be to use the custom mac address for the vms which serves
as routers to start with 00-00-5E-00-01-XX (as long as the mac address will not
be replaced by the protocol)

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Design/Network/NetworkFiltering
[2]