[Users] Ubuntu/Debian ovirt-guest-agent

Zhou Zheng Sheng zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sat Sep 14 02:14:04 EDT 2013

Hi Jakub,

on 2013/09/10 21:52, Jakub Bittner wrote:
> Hello Zhou Zheng Sheng,
>
> I tested your ovirt-guest-agent PPA which you provided and it works on
> Ubuntu Precise (12.04) as expected, but I can not install it on Debian
> Wheezy because that package needs upstart-job from Ubuntu which is not
> in Debian...
> Would you be so kind and provide even Debian packages on your PPA? :-)
> I dont know if sysvinit style file for launching daemon is included by
> oVirt.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jakub Bittner

Two good news.

Developers fixed the bug in latest master, so I updated the
ovirt-guest-agent package for Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring) to 1.0.8. This
package should be OK to use with 12.04 (Precise) as well.

I also wrote a Debian specific SysV init script for the guest agent.I
tested in my Debian Wheezy guest. There is a small problem,
luanchpad.net does not support hosting Debian packages, and for each
package per Ubuntu release, it hosts the latest version. So I upload the
Debian specific oVirt guest agent package as a Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)
package.

You can dowanlod them from the following link.
https://launchpad.net/~zhshzhou/+archive/vdsm-ubuntu/+packages

In all, the ovirt-guest-agent-1.0.8 (Raring) package is for both Ubuntu
Raring and Precise. The ovirt-guest-agent-1.0.8 (Precise) is for Debian.

--
Thanks and best regards!

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟
E-mail: zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com