[ovirt-users] (Belated) Status Update from Community Mgr: April 9

Brian Proffitt bproffit at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 16:04:48 UTC 2014

All:

My sincerest apologies for missing the meeting today on IRC. My calendar was still on the wrong time, and during the meeting I had to run my pets out to a kennel to be watched as I leave to join my family tonight in San Francisco prior to Red Hat Summit.

Here is what I would have reported:

Events

Summit and DevNation are next week, will be busy there. Will keep an eye on Oved to make sure he stays out of trouble. Or will that be the other way around?

My talk on oVirt was accepted for CloudOpen Japan. I *may* go, but there has been a suggestion that I come to Tel Aviv the week prior to OpenStack Israel and stay to help out with that event. This would mean back-to-back trips from Japan to TLV, so DV and I will be figuring out the time and the money next week at Summit.

Also, I am checking with OSAS on supporting the expenses in some way for the aforementioned OPenStack Israel event.

René Koch reports the oVirt workshop he hosted at Linuxtage Graz in Austria last weekend went very well! Thanks to he and Frantisek Kobzik for pulling this together!

Other

Google Summer of Code: The decisions for proposals have been made, but notifications are not going out until after the two rewarded slots have been finalized.

Features pages: I have done a full survey of all oVirt features pages and noted their owners and/or last person updated. After the Passover shutdown, I will be asking everyone to take a look and get their Features pages updated/culled, as well as the Feature template applied.

Thanks,
BKP

--
Brian Proffitt - oVirt Community Manager
Phone: +1 574 383 9BKP