[ovirt-users] Info on changing IPA server hostname in oVirt

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:12:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl at redhat.com> wrote:

> it should be even simpler... :)
>
> 1. copy recursive
> /usr/share/ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap/examples/simple to
> /etc/ovirt-engine
>
> 2. edit /etc/ovirt-engine/aaa/ldap1.properties, set vars.server,
> vars.user, vars.password to meet your setup, uncomment ipa on top and
> comment out the openldap.
>
> 3. until 3.5.1 you should also edit
> /etc/ovirt-engine/extensions.d/*.properties and replace ../aaa with
> /etc/ovirt-engine/aaa
>
> Alon

OK. Done and restarted the engine.

Now in webadmin I see ldap1 as a new profile.
But if from admin in configure I try to give a system permission I have
this window with "GO " greyed out...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvaGVvVmJpazFwTFk/view?usp=sharing

BTW: I tried my IPA lookup just for trying.... and I'm able to find all the
users and also new users defined after migration to the new c7server.... ???
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvbks2cmlhSmJjdnc/view?usp=sharing

Gianluca