[Users] test day help -- console

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 04:09:38 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

It's built into current debian, I use it too. Does it support vv files?
Didn't know that. The same package also has 'remote-viewer', which works
for me with:
remote-viewer vnc://host:port

> > 2. Using a VNC client to connect to the host with the password in the .vv
> > file just immediately disconnects it -- no error message.

For vv files I use the following script:

#!/bin/sh

LOG=$HOME/vv1.log
echo ===================== $(date) >> $LOG
echo params "$@" >> $LOG

vvfile="$1"
host=$(sed -n 's/^host=\([a-zA-Z0-9-]*\).*/\1/p' "$vvfile")
port=$(sed -n 's/^port=\([0-9]*\).*/\1/p' "$vvfile")
echo "$host" >> $LOG
echo "$port" >> $LOG
sed -n 's/^password=\(.*\)/\1/p' "$vvfile" | vncviewer -autopass "${host}::${port}" &

sleep 2
/bin/rm -f "$vvfile"

Verified now that it works (I seldom use it because the default is spice
which works for me).

> Did you make it in 120s?

That was the main reason for this script :-)

>  Certificates?

Didn't bother with that.

> > 3. noVNC just gives me an empty popup with a gray background.
>
> You didn't import the engine's CA, did you?
>

> > Any ideas?
>
> The Console Downloads page has all the info to get it work, did you check it
> out? (linked from main landing page, display options, user portal...so you
> shouldn't moss it;)

You refer to 'Console Client Resources', which links to [1]?
I had to do some manual work to get spice-xpi working on Debian as it's not
packaged for it (and iirc neither are some of the dependencies).

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Console_Client_Resources
--
Didi