[Users] Blank VM Install Console

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 16 21:43:20 UTC 2014

Madhav V Diwan wrote:
> install them wherever your firefox browser is installed...
> whichever machine you are using to browse to the portal from
>
> unfortunately i believe ovirts' spice viewing only works on linux
> desktops running firefox  currently
>
> also the ovirt  vnc implementation assumes you have remote-viewer  which
> can open that .vv file that pops up.. again remote-viewer would only be
> available on linux desktops..

Not quite right. I have virt-viewer-x86-0.5.6.msi or
virt-viewer-0.5.6.exe installed on my windows 7 pc and that works fine
with ovirt-3.2/3 or higher.
Opens both vnc and spice consoles.
The latest virt-viewer-x86-0.5.7.msi seems to be missing
remote-viewer.exe so does indeed not work on windows.

Joop