[ovirt-users] What prevents from using a very very low-end hardware for manager?

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Fri Jun 20 14:08:45 UTC 2014

Le 20/06/2014 15:27, Daniel Helgenberger a écrit :
> @Nicolas, keep in mind system performance of the engine not only affects
> the UI; but also various processes in the background.
> Also, if you plan on using the VDI and self-deployment features ("User
> Access") a slow UI might be very counterproductive and OOM conditions
> the system unstable.

We don't plan to use VDI nor user access.

I was asking such a question because I see the manager as a small
database maintainer, a leader which gives indications, authenticates,
reports, and intructions, but does nothing heavy, does not calculate
anything complex, and does not store heavy data.
As I said, I have a feeling that in OUR case, the heaviest load dealt
with the manager is the web UI, and as I said, I don't mind being VERY
patient when setting things up.
I feel that, once set up, the load will be very small, and the heaviest
task I may need is to aski a host to manage the migration of a VM (wow !)

--
Nicolas Ecarnot