[Users] oVirt February 2014 Updates
iheim at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 09:25:07 EST 2014
- oVirt 3.3.3 was released early in the month:
- oVirt 3.3.4 about to release.
- oVirt 3.4.0 about to release!
- Leonardo Vaz is organizing ovirt attendance at FISL15, the largest
FOSS conference in LATAM which will happen from 7th to 10th of May in
Porto Alegre, Brazil:
- Allon Mureinik gave a presentation on DR with oVirt at devconf.cz
- oVirt workshop in korea slides (korean)
- Rogan also presented oVirt integration with OpenStack in OpenStack
day in Korea
- Pat Pierson posted on basic network setup
- Fosdem 2014 sessions (slides and videos) are at:
- and some at Infrastructure.Next Ghent the week after forsdem.
3. oVirt Activity (software)
- oVirt Jenkins plugin by Dustin Kut Moy Cheung to control VM slaves
managed by ovirt/RHEV
- Opaque oVirt/RHEV/Proxmox client and source code released
- great to see the NUMA push from HP:
4. oVirt Activity (blogs, preso's)
- oVirt's has been accepted as a mentoring project for the Google
Summer of Code 2014.
- Oved Ourfali posted on "Importing Glance images as oVirt templates"
- v2v had seen many active discussions. here's a post by Jon Archer on
how to Import regular kvm image to oVirt or RHEV
- great reviews on amazon.com for "Getting Started with oVirt 3.3"
- oVirt Deep Dive 3.3 slides (Chinese)
- oVirt intro video (russian)
- how to install oVirt 3.3 on CentOS 6.5
- NetApp GA'd their Virtual Storage Console for RHEV, which is
implemented as an oVirt UI plugin (and then some)
More information about the Users