[Users] Otopi pre-seeded answers and firewall settings

Giuseppe Ragusa giuseppe.ragusa at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 23 16:44:02 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I'm trying to automate as much as possible of ovirt-hosted-engine-setup and engine-setup by means of otopi answer files passed in using "--config-append=filename.conf".

I succeded in forcing engine-setup to leave my iptables settings alone with:

OVESETUP_CONFIG/firewallManager=str:iptables
OVESETUP_CONFIG/updateFirewall=bool:False

but ovirt-hosted-engine-setup still modified my iptables settings even with the following options:

OVEHOSTED_NETWORK/firewallManager=str:iptables
OVEHOSTED_NETWORK/iptablesEnable=bool:False

Maybe I used the wrong option (deduced by looking inside source code).

Does anybody have any hint/suggestion?

Many thanks in advance,
Giuseppe