[Users] Instructions to add a remote controlled power strip not in the native list?

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 15:53:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

(Replying also to the list)

----- Original Message -----

This wasn't my email, it was Eli Mesika's. I just remembered that he sent it so it was easy to find.

I agree that the instructions are not complete.

The database was created during setup - you were asked about that and probably accepted the defaults,
which create a local database called 'engine'. You can connect to it by doing:
su - postgres
psql engine

Obviously, do not change anything before you understand what you are doing and have some good backup.
You can read, and usually update, without taking the engine down.

There is quite a lot of material on the ovirt wiki - please search and read a bit - e.g. for 'ovirt database'.

Do not hesitate to ask (on-list) again if you have questions.

You can also ask on irc for faster help.

Best regards,
--
Didi