[Users] Otopi pre-seeded answers and firewall settings

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 08:05:33 UTC 2014

OK, so it's host-deploy that's doing that.
But it's not host-deploy itself - it's the engine that is talking to it, asking it to configure iptables.
I don't know how to make the agent don't do that. I searched a bit the sources (which I don't know)
and didn't find a simple way.

You can, however, try to override this by:
# mkdir -p /etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d
# echo '[environment:enforce]' > /etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/99-prevent-iptables.conf
# echo 'NETWORK/iptablesEnable=bool:False' >> /etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/99-prevent-iptables.conf

Never tried that, and not sure it's recommended - if it does work, it means that host-deploy will not
update iptables, but the engine will think it did. So it's better to find a way to make the engine not do
that. Or, better yet, that you'll explain why you need this and somehow make the engine do what you want...
--
Didi