[Users] Correct way to change graphics adapter?

mad mad at comsoft.de
Tue Mar 25 08:37:04 UTC 2014

Am 24.03.2014 23:20, schrieb Itamar Heim:> On 03/24/2014 08:04 AM, mad
wrote:
>> What is the proper way to change the graphics adapter of a VM? I know
>> that oVirt uses qemu and I know qemu configuration, but where in oVirt
>> do I change it?
>>
>> I found VDSM-Hooks/qemucmdline, but that can't be the correct way?
>>
>> Can I change the qemu xml somewhere?
>
> can you please explain the use case?

We have software developers who need VMs to test their software and for
some test a display of 1280x1024 is necessary. The default cirrus
graphics card is not good enough for that.

But we have some VMs which use a Red Hat Virtual graphics adapter and we
don't know how this happened or how it is configured.

We just figured out that the difference may be connecting with SPICE or VNC.

Is there a different way to change the grapics card permanently?

Thanks,
mad