[ovirt-users] Hosted engine problem - Engine VM will not start

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Wed May 21 13:24:09 UTC 2014

On 05/21/2014 02:49 PM, Bob Doolittle wrote:
> On 05/21/2014 03:09 AM, Sven Kieske wrote:
>> I'd want to add that these rules are for NFSv3
>> asking Bob if he is maybe useing NFSv4 ?
>
> At the moment I don't need either one. I need to solve my major issues
> first. Then when things are working I'll worry about setting up NFS to
> export new domains from my host.
>
> Like - why didn't my default domains get configured properly?
>
> Where is my Data Domain, and why is my ISO Domain unattached?
> Why didn't hosted-engine --deploy set this up properly? I took the
> defaults during deployment for domain setup.
>
> When I first login to webadmin #vms, it shows HostedEngine as green/up.
> At #storage it shows my ISO Domain and ovirt-image-repository as
> unattached. No Data Domain.
> At #dataCenters it shows my Default datacenter as down/uninitialized
> If I go to #storage and select ISO_DOMAIN and select it's Data Center
> tab (#storage-data_center), it doesn't show any Data Centers to attach to.
>
> -Bob

- can you login to the VM running the engine and try to mount the nfs
share manually to some directory, just to see if it works? Neither
engine nor setup is responsible for setting the nfs share (and
configuring iptables for nfs server), so it's up to you to set it up
properly and make sure it's mountable from engine.

--Jirka

>> Am 21.05.2014 08:43, schrieb Sandro Bonazzola:
>>> I'm not saying NFS issue is irrelevant :-)
>>> I'm saying that if you're adding NFS service on the node running
>>> hosted engine you'll need to configure iptables for allowing to mount
>>> the shares.
>>> This means at least opening rpc-bind port 111 and NFS port 2049 and
>>> ports 662 875 892 32769 32803 assuming you've configured NFS with:
>>>
>>> RPCRQUOTADOPTS="-p 875"
>>> LOCKD_TCPPORT=32803
>>> LOCKD_UDPPORT=32769
>>> RPCMOUNTDOPTS="-p 892"