[ovirt-users] Cannot find guest domain /var/tmp/console-9.rdp

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Thu May 22 19:00:00 UTC 2014

Sorry for all the noise, but this is resolved and I wanted to share for
the record.

Although the console options for the VM do not provide any selection
here, if you right-click on the VM there is a menu item for "Console
Options".
This had "Remote Desktop" selected. I was able to change it to SPICE in
that menu (but not the VM edit menu, which already stated SPICE).

It seems we have some issues in 3.4.1-1:

- some dueling menu options (the options in VM edit/Show Advanced
Options/Console/Protocol are silently overridden by the options in
right-click VM/Console Options)

- the overriding menu is pretty well hidden (only available via
right-click VM)

- the default behavior now requires a change in the 'hidden' menu unless
you pre-configured your Windows machine to allow Remote Desktop access
(you can't use RDP with Windows by default, yet the default oVirt
console protocol after import is RDP)

- the console.rdp file generated does not have sufficient information to
complete an RDP connection (no valid hostname/address to connect to)

Thanks,
     Bob