[ovirt-users] help, manager hard drive died (3.3.4)

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Thu May 22 19:17:32 UTC 2014

On 05/22/2014 03:08 PM, David Smith wrote:
> I meant ovirt-engine (i was calling it the manager)
> also i'll need to reinstall version 3.3.4, whats the best path for
> that w/restore?

One thing, if all else fails, is to convert your Export Domain to a Data
Domain with a few edits to the metadata.
Then install a fresh engine and import your old VMs.

Personally, I'd install the same version as you had previously, then
make sure you can attach your new Export domain (old Data domain), then
upgrade.

Some guides for conversion are in this thread:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2012-October/010258.html
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2012-November/010273.html

Note that's from a while ago. I am not sure it still works exactly the
same. Make sure to backup your metadata file first.

I did something a bit similar earlier today, by editing the metadata on
an Export domain to remove information about the previously-attached
Data Center.

-Bob