[ovirt-users] Hosted engine: sending ioctl 5401 to a partition!

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 08:13:07 UTC 2014

On 11/21/2014 10:28 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> I have set up oVirt with hosted engine, on an iSCSI volume.  On both
> nodes, the kernel logs the following about every 10 seconds:
>
> Nov 21 15:27:49 node8 kernel: ovirt-ha-broker: sending ioctl 5401 to a partition!
>
> Is this a known bug, something that I need to address, etc.?

I was looking into our code and there is nothing explicitly sending
this, it's too low-level. I believe it's caused by attempts to read from
that partitions (agent reads the data every 10 secs, so it matches the
pattern). To be honest I actually don't know if that's wrong or not I'm
not storage expert, so CCing Federico to shed some light into this.

Regards,
--Jirka