[ovirt-users] Hosted-engine on CentOS7

Finstrle, Ludek lfinstrle at netsuite.com
Mon Oct 20 14:59:46 EDT 2014

Finstrle, Ludek píše v Po 20. 10. 2014 v 17:30 +0000:

> Sandro Bonazzola píše v Po 20. 10. 2014 v 16:25 +0200:

> HTTP Status 500
> host to cluster None

> for adding the host.
> add the host to the cluster.
> that the cluster name (usually "Default") is the same of the cluster
> you're adding the
> > >
> > > No question for cluster name (I also tried installation with
> edited
> > > answer.conf: "OVEHOSTED_ENGINE/clusterName=str:Default" without
> > > success). I get "OVEHOSTED_ENGINE/clusterName=none:None" from
> > > installation.
> >
> > Can you please attach full hosted-engine-setup logs from the host?
> > It may be useful also have the engine and server logs from the VM.
>
> All requested logs are attached.
>
> > > You can see that Kapetanakis is asking about problem with API (the
> same
> > > error on engine side -
> > > https://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg21780.html) after
> > > upgrade to ovirt 3.5. Could it be related?
> >
> > I don't think so. In your case the setup should have failed earlier
> while connecting to the engine, not when adding the host to the
> cluster.
>
> I'm pretty sure and I think the prove is inside the logs (also just in
> the part I pasted in the first e-mail).
> The 'hosted-engine --deploy' running on physical host fails in the
> calling the engine api immediately after entering the try (because no
> 'Adding the host to the cluster' in ovirt-hosted-engine-setup).
>
> I hope Jiri will be able to reproduce the problem. Otherwise I'm
> curious
> what repositories he is using (and what version of fop, batik, ... in
> the engine OS - CentOS 6.5).

Hi Jiri and Sandro,

  Oops, the problem were here between the chair and the keyboard.
I didn't use ovirt-release35 from the beginning as I use our
configuration management and it was the root cause. I already used
jpackage repository for another project and I put it as dependency here.
There were no includepkgs statement in the jpackage repository
definition so during engine install it installed wrong packages.

I went through this problem. I'm sorry I wasted your time and big thanks
to both of you for your support.

Cheers,

Luf

NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of NetSuite Inc. and is for the sole use of the intended recipient for the stated purpose. Any improper use or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender; do not review, copy or distribute; and promptly delete or destroy all transmitted information. Please note that all communications and information transmitted through this email system may be monitored by NetSuite or its agents and that all incoming email is automatically scanned by a third party spam and filtering service