[ovirt-users] ovirt-hosted-engine-setup with answer file

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 14:50:47 UTC 2014

Il 10/10/2014 16:10, Finstrle, Ludek ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use:
> 1) Generate answer file:
> ovirt-hosted-engine-setup --generate-answer=/root/ohe-answers.conf
> (cancel when it asks for confirmation of installation settings)
> 2) template the ohe-answers.conf
> 3) make silent/unattended installation with:
> ovirt-hosted-engine-setup --config-append=/root/ohe-answers.conf
>

> I see few points/problems/challenges:

Hi, a RFE has been filled for this use case:
Bug 1101297 - [RFE] Allow fully automatic deployment process for hosted-engine

> 1) Is it possible to suppress question:
> [ INFO ] Stage: Initializing
> Continuing will configure this host for serving as hypervisor
> and create a VM where you have to install oVirt Engine afterwards.
> Are you sure you want to continue? (Yes, No)[Yes]:

This has been reported as:
Bug 1101285 - First interaction with hosted-engine --deploy process happening before, that answer file loading

> 2) I have already answer none:None for firewall. Is it possible to
> suppress question (it's annoying also during upgrades):
> iptables was detected on your computer, do you wish setup to
> configure it? (Yes, No)[Yes]: No

try with str:disable or anything different than none:None, str:iptables, str:firewalld

> 3) How can I put the name of hosted engine to the ohe-answers.conf file?
> This is not recorded during --generate-answer:
> Enter the name which will be used to identify this host inside
> the Administrator Portal [hosted_engine_1]:

it's not recorded for avoiding issues on additional hosts.
you can specify it:
OVEHOSTED_ENGINE/appHostName=str:hosted_engine_1

> 4) Is it possible to suppress also the config confirmation question?
> --== CONFIGURATION PREVIEW ==--
> Please confirm installation settings (Yes, No)[Yes]: No

OVEHOSTED_CORE/confirmSettings=bool:True

> 5) Is it possible to instruct ovirt-hosted-engine-setup to stop after
> preparation of environment for installing the host_engine and also
> second step continue in installation after host_engine installation is
> done? You know it's hard for scripts to follow the interactive way.
>
> Any pointer to relevant documentation how to install ovirt hosted engine
> as much non-interactive as possible is also welcome.

See above Bug 1101297 - [RFE] Allow fully automatic deployment process for hosted-engine