[ovirt-users] Cluster settings: "KSM Control" not working?

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Sun Oct 19 19:48:03 UTC 2014

Hi Doron,

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 11:42:47AM -0400, Doron Fediuck wrote:
> KSM is controlled by MoM, which gets its policy from the engine through
> VDSM. MoM will call ksm directly as needed when needed. If you choose
> to disable it the policy needs to get updated.
> Can you please check your mom logs and see if there are any errors there?

I wasn't aware of mom.log, thanks! :-) After another host reboot
and a manual "Sync MOM Policy" it seems like the setting finally came
through:

2014-10-19 15:57:18,211 - mom.Controllers.KSM - INFO - Updating KSM configuration: pages_to_scan:64 run:0 sleep_millisecs:10

Now the ksmd process is still there, but it remains idle.
I've tried this multiple times before upgrading to 3.5.0 GA
today. Maybe it was broken between RC and GA.

I'll keep an eye on this and open a BZ in case the setting will
change again.

Regards
- Frank