[ovirt-users] VM => "No bootable device" on Centos 7 VDSM, 6.5 boots perfectly

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Mon Oct 20 13:43:02 UTC 2014

On 20.10.2014 15:01, Matt . wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
Hi Mat,
please do not forget the list in your reply.

> The engine is 6.5 and the host is 7.0
>
> Thats should be supported I thought.
IIRC *not* with =<3.4.x - support for EL7 hosts started with the release
of 3.5. Note, even there it is not recommended running mixed clusters
(eg. live migration is only posible from 6.5 to 7 and not the other way
around).

Because of this it might be hard to get somebody here to help you
resolve the issue. IIRC there are people around both engine and hosts on
EL7 (i can't find the mails right now); I do not really get the point of
this endeavor  (= why is EL7 so impotent; and if it is very impotent use
oVirt 3.5 right away)

cheers