[ovirt-users] Multiple datacenters design

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Mon Sep 8 14:18:05 UTC 2014

On 09/08/2014 03:05 PM, Jimmy Dorff wrote:
> On 09/08/2014 05:54 AM, Finstrle, Ludek wrote:
>>
>> I think about two possibilities:
>> 1) One central Engine
>> - how to manage guests when connection drop between engine and node
>> - latency is up to 1 second is it ok even with working connection?
>>

> I had a similar design on a Univ. campus and had problems. Ovirt
> engine would have problems with the state of remote hosts. VMs ran OK,
> but it wasn't "clean". I would recommend having a fast, reliable
> network between the engine and the hosts.
>
> -Jimmy

Also thinking about this. Maybe we should create an RFE for an oVirt
smartproxy... Like we have with The Foreman.

The proxy will handle all the local Datacenter things and the central
engine the gui etc.

Currently we plan one ovirt per Datacenter or a dedicated management
link between two DC's.

Kind regards,

Jorick Astrego