[ovirt-users] [RFI] oVirt 3.6 Planning

plysan plysab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 02:40:47 UTC 2014

> On 09/12/2014 04:45 PM, Federico Alberto Sayd wrote:
>
>> On 12/09/14 09:55, Jakub Bittner wrote:
>>
>>> ISO upload over web UI.
>>>
>> +1, Is it so hard to implement such feature?
>>

> well, the tricky part is web ui access the engine, which doesn't access
> the storage, rather the hosts do, so you need to stream it via the engine.
> good news are vdsm has now upload/download api's which should hopefully
> pave the way for this to materialize.

another problem is upload large file( usually over 2G ) in web pages.
my thoughs on this is to split large file in small chunks and merge it on
server( engine side )
there are paid software available like PLupload but we may implement by
ourselves, right ?

another approach is not upload using http, but this would be complex for
users.