[ovirt-users] Add node to engine 3.6: "no unique id"

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Sun Dec 27 17:49:09 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This usually happens when bios does not report unique id.
>
> At node, exit to shell using F2 then:
> # uuidgen > /etc/vdsm/vdsm.id
> And retry registration.

Perhaps host installation script should perform this automatically if it
cannot find a unique ID?
(In the case where it's not an issue of a non-unique ID, but rather no ID
whatsoever, which I believe is the common case, though we have seen vendors
supplying the same UUID across their BIOS for all their servers in the past
as well).
Y.