[ovirt-users] VNC console behind NAT

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Mon Sep 21 18:00:26 UTC 2015

Quoting "Tomas Jelinek" <tjelinek at redhat.com>:

> Display address override would not help?
> http://wiki.ovirt.org/Features/Display_Address_Override

I wasn't aware of that feature, or at least I don't think I was :-)  I
must have had that enabled previously when I was able to connect via
VNC console through NAT via VNC console.

Is the VNC port that is used different for each host also?  I
currently only have one host, and it gives a connection on port 5902.
If I added a second host, would it also use 5902 or would the engine
assign a different VNC port to it?

The reason I ask is that for a multi-host setup, that could become a
bit of an issue if they all use the same port (using different host
names is not an issue).  If the same port is used for all hosts, can
this be overridden too?

If it can't be, then I suppose one solution would be to setup a a TCP
proxy and forward port 5902 to it, then let it handle the connection
to the correct host based on the host name used.

I hope that makes sense?

Regards,

Alan