[ovirt-users] Hosted Engine won't deploy

Gervais de Montbrun gervais at demontbrun.com
Wed Dec 14 22:05:06 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I had to reinstall one of my hosts today and I noticed an issue. The error message was:

Ovirt2:
Cannot edit Host. You are using an unmanaged hosted engine VM. Please upgrade the cluster level to 3.6 and wait for the hosted engine storage domain to be properly imported.
I am running oVirt 4.0.5 and have a hosted engine and Cluster and Data Center say that they are running in 4.0 compatibility mode, so I don't understand this error. I did get the host setup by running `hosted-engine --deploy` and walking through the command line options. Alarmingly, I was warned that this is deprecated and will not be possible in oVirt 4.1.

Any suggestions as to what I should do to sort out my issue?

Cheers,
Gervais