[ovirt-users] Missing dom_md/ids file

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 16:34:28 EST 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Cameron Christensen
<cameron.christensen at uk2group.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using glusterfs storage and ran into a split-brain issue. One of the
> file affected by split-brain was dom_md/ids. In attempts to fix the
> split-brain issue I deleted the dom_md/ids file. Is there a method to
> recreate or reconstruct this file?

You can do this:

1. Put the gluster domain to maintenance (via engine)

No host should access it while you reconstruct the ids file

2. Mount the gluster volume manually

mkdir repair
mount -t glusterfs <server>:/<path> repair/

3. Create the file:

touch repair/<sd_uuid>/dom_md/ids

4. Initialize the lockspace

sanlock direct init -s <sd_uuid>:0:repair/<sd_uuid>/dom_md/ids:0

5. Unmount the gluster volume

umount repair

6. Activate the gluster domain (via engine)

The domain should become active after a while.

David: can you confirm this is the best way to reconstruct the ids file?

Nir