[ovirt-users] heavy webadmin

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 14:42:35 UTC 2016

On Friday, January 08, 2016 04:29:47 PM Nir Soffer wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Nathanaël Blanchet <blanchet at abes.fr> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Since I upgraded engine to 3.6, I noticed that the webadmin takes a lot of
> > ressources whatever is the browser. It can become very slow even for small
> > actions, like changing tabs or editing a vm. The browser activity becomes
> > intensive (100% of cpu) and the processor very hot with a increased fan
> > activity. I suppose javascript to be responsible of this behaviour. Is
> > there a way to reduce the resource allocated to the webadmin?
> > (This is not a weakness of my laptop which is an i7 cpu with 16GB of RAM)
>
> Sounds like https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1264809
>
> It was closed because we could not reproduce it with current versions.
>
> I would try first to upgrade to latest 3.6 version, and if you can reproduce
> it, please reopen this bug.
>
> Alexander: can you advice on how to debug this?
>
> Nir

If you are willing to spend some time helping us debug that would be great as
obviously we are unable to reproduce. If you have Chrome, can you open the
development tools (ctrl-shift-i) and go to the 'Profiles' tab. That should give
you the option to 'Collect Javascript CPU Profile' among other things. Make
sure you select that, and click start. Then go in the web admin and do
something that makes your CPU spike. Let it go for a little bit doesn't have
to be long.

that profile will include the percentage of CPU usage per method. It should be
sorted by percentage. If you can take a screen shot of that and give me the
exact rpm version, I can use that to de-obfuscate the method name and
hopefully get some useful information.

Thanks,
Alexander