[ovirt-users] Users Digest, Vol 52, Issue 72 vdsm hook issues

Jean-Pierre Ribeauville jpribeauville at axway.com
Tue Jan 12 19:52:45 UTC 2016

Perfect.

Thanks.

De : Dan Yasny [mailto:dyasny at gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 12 janvier 2016 20:51
À : Jean-Pierre Ribeauville
Cc : Gianluca Cecchi; users at ovirt.org
Objet : Re: [ovirt-users] Users Digest, Vol 52, Issue 72 vdsm hook issues

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Jean-Pierre Ribeauville <jpribeauville at axway.com<mailto:jpribeauville at axway.com>> wrote:
Hi,

What I did from the beginning of this affair :

1)      Chown and chmod of  myhook.py

2)      Don’t try to run it from shell

3)      Up to now,  I may avoid to play with custom properties.
( BTW,  do you know how , within myhook.py , one may retrieve this custom property
   that will indicate if the hook has to be go further or must exist without doing anything ?)

This is documented on the hooks wiki page and in github. The basic idea is to add a custom property to a VM with specific text, and check for it in the hook. If you detect it, apply hook to VM, if not - pass

What’s remaining :

1) debug the .py
2) check wether, by migrating the Guest , the hook is also called on the target host  ( maybe you know the answer ?)

before_vm_migrate_source and before_vm_migrate_destination - also documented in the wiki.

Generally, just follow an existing hook, it should have everything

That’s all.

Regards,

J.P.