[ovirt-users] Fencing errors on oVirt Engine Version: 4.0.1

Peter Michael Calum pemca at tdc.dk
Thu Jul 28 07:32:01 UTC 2016

Hi Martin

I see no firewall issues.

I have made some more tests :

RHEV  3.6 host khk9dsk30  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 - OK
RHEV  3.6 host khk9dsk31  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 - OK
RHEV  3.5 host khk9dsk32  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 - OK
RHEV  3.5 host khk9dsk33  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 – OK
OVIRT 4.01 host khk9dsk34  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 – FAIL
OVIRT 4.01 host khk9dsk35  test to khk9dsk34 & khk9dsk35 – FAIL
OVIRT 4.01 host khk9dsk34  test to khk9dsk30 & khk9dsk31 – FAIL

Could you check in the code  that ipmilan sends on port udp 623 ?

All hosts are on same VLAN
[root at khk9dsk31 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk35-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser –p xxxxxxxx -o status
[root at khk9dsk35 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk33-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser -p xxxxxxxx -o status
Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available

[root at khk9dsk35 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk30-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser -p xxxxxxxx -o status
Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available

[root at khk9dsk35 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk34-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser -p xxxxxxxx -o status
Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available

[root at khk9dsk35 ~]# fence_ipmilan -a khk9dsk35-mgnt.ip.tdk.dk -l mgntuser -p xxxxxxxx -o status
Failed: Unable to obtain correct plug status or plug is not available

Br,
Peter Calum