[ovirt-users] Cannot add Hosted Engine Host because of missing answersfile

Matt . yamakasi.014 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 04:31:34 UTC 2016

Hi!

Apperently there has been something gone wrong with the hosted engine
install which I can perfectly start but cannot add any Host to the HA
setup.

I'm missing an answers.conf on my host where I did the installation.

Has anyone an idea if I can fix this without a new full deploy ?

I'm on 3.6.7

Some errorlog:

          --== STORAGE CONFIGURATION ==--

          During customization use CTRL-D to abort.
          Please specify the storage you would like to use (glusterfs,
iscsi, fc, nfs3, nfs4)[nfs3]:
          Please specify the full shared storage connection path to
use (example: host:/path): filer-01.my-domain.tld:/vol/vol0/oVIRT_HE
          The specified storage location already contains a data
domain. Is this an additional host setup (Yes, No)[Yes]?
[ INFO  ] Installing on additional host
          Please specify the Host ID [Must be integer, default: 2]:

          --== SYSTEM CONFIGURATION ==--

[WARNING] A configuration file must be supplied to deploy Hosted
Engine on an additional host.
[ ERROR ] 'version' is not stored in the HE configuration image
[ ERROR ] Unable to get the answer file from the shared storage
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Environment customization': Unable
to get the answer file from the shared storage
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file
'/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20160704062340.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
[ ERROR ] Hosted Engine deployment failed: this system is not
reliable, please check the issue, fix and redeploy
          Log file is located at
/var/log/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup-20160704062311-eqejnq.log

I hope we can fix this.