[ovirt-users] ovirt 4.0 engine access

qinglong.dong at horebdata.cn qinglong.dong at horebdata.cn
Wed Jul 6 06:42:46 UTC 2016

Thanks! No specific reasons. I use IP in ovirt 3.6 and it seems simple to use an IP address in some cases.

From: Yedidyah Bar David
Date: 2016-07-06 14:26
To: qinglong.dong at horebdata.cn
CC: users; 胡茂荣; 胡晓宇
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] ovirt 4.0 engine access
On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 9:13 AM, qinglong.dong at horebdata.cn
<qinglong.dong at horebdata.cn> wrote:
> Hi, all
>         I am using ovirt 4.0. It seems that I could only use FQDN to access
> the website of engine. Is it possible to use IP to access the website?

No.

You can only access the engine using the FQDN you input when running
engine-setup.
You should add it to the DNS if it's not there already. You can also add it to
your local hosts file.

You can also change the FQDN using [1], but this will still not allow using an
IP address.

Any specific reason you need to access it using an IP address?

[1] https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/how-to/networking/changing-engine-hostname/

Best,
--
Didi