[ovirt-users] 3.6 -> 4.0 upgrade fails on schema refresh

nicolas at devels.es nicolas at devels.es
Wed Jul 6 10:11:06 UTC 2016

Hi Arik,

El 2016-07-06 10:27, Arik Hadas escribió:
> Hi,
>
> This is a bit aggressive solution to remove all snapshots with the
> memory.
>
> Can you confirm that a storage domain that was active while creating
> the snapshot with memory was removed from the system?
> This is something that was not covered and could lead to the reported
> issue.

Some of them were available when we did remove a storage backend,
indeed. Some were newer, the problem is that I don't know which one
actually failed since when this happened we were in a hurry and needed
to upgrade ASAP.

> Until we come up with a proper solution, you can use the following
> query to identify the exact problematic snapshots and remove them
> before upgrading:
> select vm_name, snapshots.description as snapshot_name, snapshot_id
> from snapshots join vm_static on vm_id=vm_guid where
> CAST(split_part(memory_volume, ',', 1) AS UUID) not in (select id from
> storage_domain_static);

Thanks. We have another oVirt infrastructure and I see this query is
returning one row. I'll report back when we upgrade this second
infrastructure and provide some details.

Regards.