[ovirt-users] messages file filled by vdsm logs in 4.0

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 13:00:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Gianluca Cecchi
<gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> since updating to 4.0 yesterday, my /var/log/messages on hypervisor seem
> filled by vdsm messages
>

> sudo awk -F ":" '{print $4}'  /var/log/messages | sort | uniq -c| sort -rnk
> 1,1
>
> gives these top lines
>  126052  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.broker.listener.ConnectionHandler
>   46278  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine
>   34364  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.lib.ovf.ovf_store.OVFStore
>   25773  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine.config
>   25737  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.lib.storage_server.StorageServer

These messages are from hosted engine agent.

Martin, why are you logging info level message to syslog?

> [...]
> recognized
>    8574  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.lib.image.Image
>    8088  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property allocType is not
> provided when calling Volume.getInfo
>    8088  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Provided value "2" not defined in DiskType
> enum for Volume.getInfo
>    8088  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter truesize is not uint type
>    8088  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter mtime is not uint type
>    8088  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter ctime is not int type
>    8088  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter capacity is not uint type
>    8088  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter apparentsize is not uint type
>    8026  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for
> systemVersion parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    8026  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for systemUUID
> parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    8026  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for
> systemSerialNumber parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    8026  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for
> systemProductName parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    8026  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for
> systemManufacturer parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    8026  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for
> systemFamily parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    7998  vdsm vds.dispatcher WARNING unhandled close event
>    7989  vdsm vds.dispatcher ERROR SSL error during reading data  (104,
> 'Connection reset by peer')
>    7777  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter version is not int type
>    5096  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property domainType is not
> provided when calling StoragePool.getInfo
>    5096  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter spmLver is not int type
>    5096  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter lver is not int type
>    3787  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Provided parameters {'vcpuCount'  '2',
> 'displayInfo'
>    3245  INFO cpu_load_no_engine.EngineHealth
>    3190  INFO ping.Ping
>    3011  INFO mgmt_bridge.MgmtBridge
>    2869  INFO engine_health.CpuLoadNoEngine
>    2681  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property spm_id is not provided
> when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    2681  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property master_ver is not
> provided when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    2681  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property lver is not provided
> when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    2681  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property domainType is not
> provided when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    2681  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property domainClass is not
> provided when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    2681  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Following parameters ['remotePath',
> 'type', 'class'] were not recognized
>    1335  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Provided value "1" not defined in
> StorageDomainType enum for StoragePool.connectStorageServer
>    1333  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Provided parameters {u'protocol_version'

The SchemaCache warnings were disabled in vdsm-4.18.5.1

> [...]
> systemSerialNumber parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    5255  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for
> systemProductName parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    5255  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for
> systemManufacturer parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    5255  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING No default value specified for
> systemFamily parameter in Host.getHardwareInfo
>    5233  vdsm vds.dispatcher WARNING unhandled close event
>    5227  vdsm vds.dispatcher ERROR SSL error during reading data  (104,
> 'Connection reset by peer')
>    5100  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter version is not int type
>    5052  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine
>    3528  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.lib.ovf.ovf_store.OVFStore
>    3495  INFO mem_free.MemFree
>    3344  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property domainType is not
> provided when calling StoragePool.getInfo
>    3344  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter spmLver is not int type
>    3344  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Parameter lver is not int type
>    2646  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.agent.hosted_engine.HostedEngine.config
>    2629  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.lib.storage_server.StorageServer
>    2507  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Provided parameters {'vcpuCount'  '2',
> 'displayInfo'
>    1756  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property spm_id is not provided
> when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    1756  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property master_ver is not
> provided when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    1756  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property lver is not provided
> when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    1756  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property domainType is not
> provided when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    1756  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Required property domainClass is not
> provided when calling StorageDomain.getInfo
>    1756  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Following parameters ['remotePath',
> 'type', 'class'] were not recognized
>     873  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Provided value "1" not defined in
> StorageDomainType enum for StoragePool.connectStorageServer
>     873  vdsm SchemaCache WARNING Provided parameters {u'protocol_version'
> 3, u'connection'
>     873  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.lib.image.Image
>     673  INFO cpu_load_no_engine.EngineHealth
>     667  INFO ping.Ping
>     597  INFO mgmt_bridge.MgmtBridge
>     596  INFO engine_health.CpuLoadNoEngine
>     200  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.broker.monitor.Monitor
>     170  INFO ovirt_hosted_engine_ha.lib.brokerlink.BrokerLink
>

> Is there a way to limit or put into another dedicated file?
>
> And also to have less verbose....:
>
> $ sudo ls -l /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log
> -rw-r--r--. 1 vdsm kvm 8393615 Jul  5 11:14 /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log
>
> with first line 14 minutes ago....?????:
> Reactor thread::INFO::2016-07-05
> 11:01:02,276::protocoldetector::72::ProtocolDetector.AcceptorImpl::(handle_accept)
> Accepting connection from 127.0.0.1:42882

If you see a lot of these, it means some vdsm client is openning
a new connection for each request, instead of reusing the same
connection.

I guess this is hosted engine agent, mom, or both.

But this is not a new issue, should be the same on 3.6.

Nir