[ovirt-users] How to upgrade node from 3.5 to 3.6

Ariel Pérez Rodríguez arielnostra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 15:28:53 UTC 2016

Hi all!
I've spent more than 2 days googling how to upgrade an ovirt node. Please,
I need some serious help on this. The only thing I've found is that u can
go to Hosts tab in the engine GUI > select the blade an there is an option
for Upgrade between Reinstall and Configure Local Storage. Well, that
option is grayed-out. There is no documentation available for it... I've
dried the google sea and even a node-level command give this error:
[root at blade1c2 admin]# ovirt-node-upgrade --reboot=1 --iso=
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.6/iso/ovirt-node-ng-installer/ovirt-node-ng-installer-ovirt-3.6-2016052403.iso
ovirt-node-upgrade.UpgradeTool: INFO     Temporary Directory is:
/data/tmpgv4fHj
ovirt-node-upgrade.LockFile: INFO     Acquiring Lock
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sbin/ovirt-node-upgrade", line 382, in <module>
    u.run()
  File "/sbin/ovirt-node-upgrade", line 360, in run
    self._options.iso_file)
RuntimeError:
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.6/iso/ovirt-node-ng-installer/ovirt-node-ng-installe

Please, need somebody to help me. Why upgrading a node it's so dificult in
ovirt?