[ovirt-users] Fail to setup Hyperconverged Infrastructure using oVirt and Gluster

Dewey Du deweyto at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:41:14 UTC 2016

On Engine VM, the command " *engine-setup *" is executed successfully.

On Host-01 which running the command " *hosted-engine --deploy *"
always display the following message:

Make a selection from the options below:
          (1) Continue setup - oVirt-Engine installation is ready and
ovirt-engine service is up
          (2) Abort setup
          (3) Power off and restart the VM
          (4) Destroy VM and abort setup

          (1, 2, 3, 4)[1]: 1

My engine.log on Engine VM is attached below

2016-07-05 15:55:54,086 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.hostdeploy.AddVdsCommand] (default task-17)
[77e52cbc] Failed to authenticate session with host 'hosted_engine_1': SSH
authentication to 'root at localhost.localdomain' failed. Please verify
provided credentials. Make sure key is authorized at host
2016-07-05 15:55:54,086 WARN
 [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.hostdeploy.AddVdsCommand] (default task-17)
[77e52cbc] CanDoAction of action 'AddVds' failed for user admin at internal.
Reasons: VAR__ACTION__ADD,VAR__TYPE__HOST,$server
localhost.localdomain,VDS_CANNOT_AUTHENTICATE_TO_SERVER
2016-07-05 15:55:54,098 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.api.restapi.resource.AbstractBackendResource] (default
task-17) [] Operation Failed: [Cannot add Host. SSH authentication failed,
verify authentication parameters are correct (Username/Password, public-key
etc.) You may refer to the engine.log file for further details.]