[ovirt-users] serial console problem in 4.0

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:54:27 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
> > wrote:

>>> right "admin at internal-authz" --> options to add the publc key I get
>>> this in engine.log (no errors yet in gui):

>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.GetUserProfileQuery] (default task-63) [] Query
>>> 'GetUserProfileQuery' failed: PreparedStatementCallback; bad SQL grammar
>>> [select * from  getuserprofilebyuserid(?)]; nested exception is
>>> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name
>>> user_portal_vm_auto_login was not found in this ResultSet.
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.GetUserProfileQuery] (default task-63) []
>>> Exception: org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException:
>>> PreparedStatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [select * from
>>> getuserprofilebyuserid(?)]; nested exception is
>>> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name
>>> user_portal_vm_auto_login was not found in this ResultSet.
>>>
>>> perhaps some issue with upgrade? There’s no catch in the upgrade script
>>> so it sounds weird, and it works fine on my upgraded setup.
>>> But anyway, can you check your db if it has that
>>> user_portal_vm_auto_login column in user_profiles table at all?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> michal
>>>

>> It seems not...
>>
>> engine=# \d user_profiles
>>      Table "public.user_profiles"
>>       Column       | Type | Modifiers
>> -------------------+------+-----------
>>  profile_id        | uuid | not null
>>  user_id           | uuid | not null
>>  ssh_public_key    | text |
>>  ssh_public_key_id | uuid |
>>     "pk_profile_id" PRIMARY KEY, btree (profile_id)
>>     "idx_user_profiles_user_id" btree (user_id)
>> Foreign-key constraints:
>>     "fk_user_id" FOREIGN KEY (user_id) REFERENCES users(user_id) ON
>> DELETE CASCADE
>>

>> engine=# select count(*) from user_profiles;
>>  count
>> -------
>>      1
>> (1 row)
>>
>> Any upgrade log file to cross-check what has caused problems in upgrading
>> the table's structure?
>>

> BTW: how to run the script validatedb.sh
> in /usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/dbutils ?

ok, based on timestamp of engine upgrade

-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 3332293 Jul  4 16:12
ovirt-engine-setup-20160704160226-xvkjw9.log

 I indeed find this ERROR in engine.log that didn't raised any block from
what I remember:

2016-07-04 16:19:42,090 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.GetUserProfileQuery] (default task-59) [] Query
'GetUserProfileQuery' faile
d: PreparedStatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [select * from
 getuserprofilebyuserid(?)]; nested exception is org.postgresql.util.PS
QLException: The column name user_portal_vm_auto_login was not found in
this ResultSet.
2016-07-04 16:19:42,091 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.GetUserProfileQuery] (default task-59) []
Exception: org.springframework.jd
bc.BadSqlGrammarException: PreparedStatementCallback; bad SQL grammar
[select * from  getuserprofilebyuserid(?)]; nested exception is
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: The column name
user_portal_vm_auto_login was not found in this ResultSet.
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:99)
[spring-jdbc.jar:4.2.4.RELEASE]
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:73)
[spring-jdbc.jar:4.2.4.RELEASE]

Take in mind that I was in 3.6.5 when I upgraded to 4.0.
Find full engine.log starting beginning of day of update here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvVy02b3FpZHRCNUE/view?usp=sharing

and log of engine-setup here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvcnNEZzRralR1ZTA/view?usp=sharing

HIH debugging