[ovirt-users] Ovirt Java SDK access to 'next run' configuration

Sebastien Fuchs sebastien at emmene-moi.fr
Fri Jul 8 14:09:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm developping (in JAVA) an automatic configuration manager to modify
memory and cpu allocation (cpushares for the moment) updated on a calendar
basis. It will also be used as a kind of enforcer/elastic scheduler on top
of the ovirt policy scheduler.

Because oVirt is not yet able to update memory and cpushares on live guests
like XenServer, my configurator needs to know the running config and the
next_run config as well, and force directly the config on live guests (with
virsh schedinfo --live arg ? ).

Unfortunately, the Host.getVMs().getById( "uuid" ) method returns only the
running config so there's no way I can check if the future config is setup.

Any suggestion?

Best regards
Sebastien