[ovirt-users] Import of ova failed

Cam Mac iucounu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:14:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to import some .ova images from VMWare that have been copied to
a node. In both cases they fail with the error:

"Conversion of VM from exteral enironment failed: copy-disk stream closed
unexpectedly"

(the message above is copied verbatim from the log, including
the misspellings)

One of the VMs is a RHEL 6.6 and the other is Windows 7. The import reports
adding a disk and then running a conversion, then appears to fail about 5
or 6 minutes into converting the image.

I'm considering using virt-v2v to do the conversion of the .ova, but I'm
not sure how to get that into ovirt then.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Cam