[ovirt-users] ovirt-engine-sdk-python

qinglong.dong at horebdata.cn qinglong.dong at horebdata.cn
Tue Jul 19 06:20:14 UTC 2016

Hi all,
        I have an ovirt 4.0 environment. I got an error when I excuted an python script which could be normally excuted in 3.6. I have figured out that in ovirt 4.0 the version of python sdk is still 3.6.7.0. It seemed that the server thought it was an unsecured connection, but HTTPS protocol and the right ca file was used.
Anyone can help? Thanks!

[root at test ~]# ./test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./test.py", line 30, in <module>
    vms = VirtualMachines()
  File "/root/vm.py", line 31, in __init__
    self.api = API(url=BASEURL,username=USERNAME,password=PASSWORD,ca_file=CAFILE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ovirtsdk/api.py", line 197, in __init__
    raise UnsecuredConnectionAttemptError
ovirtsdk.infrastructure.errors.UnsecuredConnectionAttemptError: [ERROR]::No response returned from server. If you're using HTTP protocol
against a SSL secured server, then try using HTTPS instead.

(BASEURL: https://test.example.com/ovirt-engine)