[ovirt-users] Host non operationnal due to an iSCSI problem

Alexis HAUSER alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Jul 19 14:22:33 UTC 2016

>I'm still finding this hard to understand. If you are using iSCSI, you
>/are/ using a server (called the "Target" in SCSI speak). Is the iSCSI
>storage actually on the first host?

It's a Dell bay (or "storage array", I think that's the correct name in english...)

> How did you actually do the
>discovery and assign the LUNs? In the storage domain properties you
>should be able to see the IP and port of the Targets, something like
>"iqn.2012-02:foo-target1,192.168.10.10,3260", and you need to ensure the
>second host can reach that IP and port to be able to see the storage.

Actually I jutt made a test : authorize access only to the second host (on the Dell bay), it works but only after setting it to maintenance mode and reactivate it.
Then authorizing both of the hosts (as initially) make them both working now...It doesn't really makes sense...
It is a very strange behavior. Maybe the second host needed to be set in maintenance mode then reactivated ?

>If you only have one physical interface on each host, there's not much
>point doing multipath, as you don't stand to gain any performance or
>resilience.

I didn't choose if it was multipath or not, someone only gave me access to this storage, but I understand what you mean. However, I'll certainly add bonding later.

Do you have any idea what setting maintenance mode and reactivating does on a host ? Does it restart some services ? I don't really understand what just happened actually...
All I know is that it is used for backup, reinstall and update.