[ovirt-users] Cannot install new host on 4.0, Certificate enrollment failed

Juan Hernández jhernand at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 17:08:54 UTC 2016

On 07/19/2016 06:16 PM, Matt . wrote:
> Can anyone confirm what max. number of subdomains can be used for a
> certificate ?
>
> The length of 65 per subdomain should be default.

>> It's the fqdn indeed, not it's hostname.
>>
>> Fqdn should be possible I thought as discussed before in the channel
>> (while ago).

>>> Is this the name of the host? perhaps it's a bit too long?
>>> Y.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I had the same problem today, and the
cause was that the /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/serial.txt file was empty, and
openssl refused to open it. I wrote manually a number inside, taking the
value from /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/serial.txt.old (plus one), and then
things started to work.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain