[ovirt-users] Question about for oVirt AAA LDAP plugin - configuration file format

Ondra Machacek omachace at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 18:09:46 UTC 2016

On 07/19/2016 02:57 PM, Vadim  Reutsky wrote:
> Good afternoon!
>
> First of all, thank you for writing very useful software, which we are
> applying in our studio project at Innopolis University. It makes our
> lives much easier.
>
> I have one little question about oVirt AAA LDAP plugin. Can you provide
> structure of configuration file, which can be used
> by 'ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap-setup' tool by passing
> '--config=filename' parameter? (Or, please, give me a clue, when I can
> find this information).

Here is one of the examples:

[environment:default]
# Profile IPA
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/profile=str:ipa
# don't use DNS
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/useDNS=bool:False
# Profile name is ipa
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/aaaProfileName=str:ipa
# using round-robin server set
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/serverset=str:round-robin
# plain connection
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/protocol=str:plain
# IPA hosts
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/hosts=str:ipa1.example.com ipa2.example.com
# search user
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/user=str:uid=user1,cn=users,cn=accounts,,dc=example,dc=com
# search user password
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/password=str:password
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/toolEnable=bool:False
# don't use tester tool
OVAAALDAP_LDAP/configOverwrite=bool:True

Unfortunatelly the only way you can find to find out these constants is
to check source of 'ovirt-engine-extension-aaa-ldap-setup'.