[ovirt-users] Migration Failure Due to network

Pavel Gashev Pax at acronis.com
Wed Jul 20 09:03:45 UTC 2016

Alexis,

Use "Clusters" -> "Logical Networks" -> "Manage Networks" for assigning
network for migrations. It's ovirtmgmt by default. Note that migration
network has to have IPs on hosts.

Hosts have VDSM configuration option - [vars]/migration_max_bandwidth
in /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf. It's 52MB/s by default. So it looks like your
network is already highly used.

Your VM migration fails because migration is so slow so it just can't
migrate without downtime. You can adjust "Use custom migration
downtime" VM option to make any VM migrated over any network. Please
note it's a maximal value. Actually it starts with a value 10 times
lower and increases it automatically. 5000 is good value to start in
your case.