[ovirt-users] Set disk profile

Roman Mohr rmohr at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 09:52:03 UTC 2016

Hi Johan.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Johan Kooijman <mail at johankooijman.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set a different profile on a disk. I open the dialog, click
> new profile and click OK. Seems simple enough. Log says:
>
> VMvmname vmname_Disk1 disk was updated by admin at internal.
>
> When I reopen the same dialog, the profile is set to the previous one.
> Running the latest ovirt 3.6. Any idea?

It is this issue: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1297734.

For 3.6 it's fixed in the source code only since there are no more
builds for 3.6.
3.6.7. was the latest one.

I see three options:

 1) Use the REST API since it is a UI bug only
 2) Upgrade to latest 4.0.
 3) Build 3.6 yourself from the source code