[ovirt-users] Centos 7 no bootable device

Johan Kooijman mail at johankooijman.com
Wed Jul 20 12:12:32 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Situation as follows: mixed cluster with 3.5 and 3.6 nodes. Now in the
process of reinstalling the 3.5 nodes with 3.6 on CentOS 7.2. I can't live
migrate VM's while they're running on different versions. That's odd, but
not the weirdest issue.

The most interesting part is happening when I power down a VM, and then run
it on a 3.6 node. Only on CentOS 7 VM's, I'm getting a "no bootable device"
error. I have a mixed setup of ubuntu, CentOS 6 and CentOS 7. Ubuntu &
CentOS 6 are fine.

Tried shooting grub in MBR again, to no effect. I start the VM then on a
3.5 node and all is fine.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,
Johan Kooijman