[ovirt-users] Migration Failure Due to network

Alexis HAUSER alexis.hauser at telecom-bretagne.eu
Wed Jul 20 13:22:30 UTC 2016

> Use "Clusters" -> "Logical Networks" -> "Manage Networks" for assigning
> network for migrations. It's ovirtmgmt by default. Note that migration
> network has to have IPs on hosts.

Nice, do you think I should dedicate a link only for migration, for safety ?

>Hosts have VDSM configuration option - [vars]/migration_max_bandwidth
>in /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf. It's 52MB/s by default. So it looks like your
>network is already highly used.

It's not highly used, it's yet on a 10/100 Mb switch...But it's just temporary. Anyway it's interesting because it simulates a highly use network, which can happen.

>Your VM migration fails because migration is so slow so it just can't
>migrate without downtime. You can adjust "Use custom migration
>downtime" VM option to make any VM migrated over any network. Please
>note it's a maximal value. Actually it starts with a value 10 times
>lower and increases it automatically. 5000 is good value to start in
>your case.

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to change anything : I added
max_outgoing_migrations = 1
migration_max_bandwidth = 5
in /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf
on my concerned host, but it still goes to 98% use of network and migration fail...I restart vdsmd.service but it doesn't seem to change anything. Any idea ?