[ovirt-users] Import of ova failed

Cam Mac iucounu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:37:38 UTC 2016

Hi Richard,

Sorry for missing that TMPDIR, I was looking rather than actually reading.

I used the original ova I'd exported from VMWare, and that worked fine
(after fixing perms). The command I ran was:

virt-v2v -x -v -i ova /mnt/import-vm/wvm2.ova -o rhev -os
ovirt-engine:/mnt/export-vm -of qcow2

It returned without error and copied it to the export domain ok. It hasn't
appeared in the list of VMs as yet in the GUI. I guess it is
in the process of doing so? It did show up in the list of importable VMs
under the 'Import VM' tab under
the export domain. I tried importing it from there but it gave me:

2016-07-20 18:27:24,518 INFO
 [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.exportimport.ImportVmCommand] (default
task-317) [27b3ad4b] Lock freed to object
'EngineLock:{exclusiveLocks='[wvm2=<VM_NAME,
ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_NAME_ALREADY_USED>,
7d40eaee-2f3f-4a4e-8254-4c2c3312ce5c=<VM,
ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_VM_IS_BEING_IMPORTED$VmName wvm2>]',
sharedLocks='[7d40eaee-2f3f-4a4e-8254-4c2c3312ce5c=<REMOTE_VM,
ACTION_TYPE_FAILED_VM_IS_BEING_IMPORTED$VmName wvm2>]'}'

So I guess it is doing the import still.

Cheers,

Campbell