[ovirt-users] Upgrade 3.6 to 4.0 and "ghost" incompatible cluster version

Federico Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Wed Jul 20 23:41:09 UTC 2016

Hello:

I'm trying to upgrade ovirt 3.6.3 to 4.0, but engine-setup complaints about upgrading from incompatible version 3.3

I see in the engine-setup log that  vds_groups table is checked to determine the compatibility version. The logs shows that engine-setup detects 2 clusters versions: 3.3 and 3.6. Indeed, there is 2 clusters registered in the table: "cluster-3.6" and "Default"

"Cluster-3.6" (version 3.6)  is the only cluster in DC in my ovirt setup.
"Default" (version 3.3)  should be a cluster that surely I deleted in a past upgrade.

Why a cluster named "Default" (with compatibility version 3.3) is still present in vds_group table? Cluster "Default" isn't displayed anywhere in the web interface.

Any clue to solve this issue?

Thanks